Kingdom One is partnered with a multi-site christian camp located in Santa Cruz, CA. This family and relational focused camp is looking to grow their team by hiring a HR Director.
Vision for this role:
The Director of Human Resources will be a member of the Leadership Team, reporting to CEO/President, and is responsible for providing strategic long-range leadership in planning, compliance, best practices, organizing, directing, implementing and evaluating the Human Resources functions for the camp in a manner consistent with its mission, vision, culture code and standards of conduct
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about Human Resources, Culture and Organizational Health.
- Is an excellent communicator electronically, in-person, and in writing.
- Is very relational and values relationships.
- Has demonstrated experience of strong leadership skills.
- Can use creative problem solving to resolve issues that arise.
- Has held a position as a HR Director or similar for a minimum of 5-8 years of increasingly responsible human resource leadership within an organization of $5M or more in revenue.
- Committed to the success of the organization through its people and teams.
- Understands and ensures ongoing compliance across the organization with federal, state, and local employment/ and wage and hour laws, including bi-annual training requirements.
- Will coordinate the day-to-day HR functions with all campsites, including talent acquisition and onboarding activities and requirements, FLSA compliance, update employee handbooks as needed and within established budget.
- Assist with recruiting, training, and career development of 190 year round staff and 300 summer/seasonal staff.
- Can provide coaching and training to managers as needed to enable them to effectively lead and manage their teams within the requirements of federal, state, and local law.
- Can oversee, administer, and communicate benefits for eligible staff in partnership with the camp’s benefits broker.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with workers’ compensation requirements. Train staff, as necessary.
Our ideal candidate:
- Will live on site.
- Is looking for an amazingly unique family & community aspect.
- Loves to serve people.
- Has experience working in a church, faith based ministry or christian camp or other non-profit organization.
- HR Certification is a plus.
- Evidenced commitment to the Christian faith and a desire to share the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Ability to conduct HR activities with a Biblical perspective.
- Able to agree with Statement of Faith and abide by the Standard of Conduct.
- Experience in recruiting a large seasonal workforce.
Benefits & Perks of Community living:
- Be a part of a tight knit community of believers serving the mission of the camp.
- Incredibly beautiful views and environment, access to camp amenities, camping, and walking/running trails on over 400 acres of land.
- Reserved housing at a subsidized rate.
- Great benefits offered for employees & dependents.
- Discount to family and kids camps.
If this sounds like you or something you feel called to, we would love to hear from you!