Vision for this role:
The HR Generalist has a passion for people, as well as the culture and staff values at Shepherd Church. This role will be instrumental in equipping employees to successfully use their gifts and talents to serve God through their position. The HR Generalist works closely with the Executive Team to ensure a comprehensive employee experience strategy that aligns with our values and ensures our culture honors God, our staff, and the people we serve. This person will coordinate HR functions in the following areas: recruiting, hiring, onboarding, employee engagement , and off boarding.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about Human Resources.
- Is an excellent communicator electronically, in-person, and in writing.
- Is very relational and values relationships.
- Can use creative problem solving to resolve issues that arise.
- Has held a position as a HR Generalist for a minimum of 2 years, preferably in a ministry setting but not required.
- Is committed to the success of the organization through its people and teams.
- Can handle the day-to-day HR functions, including not limited to, talent acquisition and onboarding activities and requirements, FLSA compliance.
- Coordinate staff appreciation and team-building events.
Our ideal candidate:
- Loves to serve people.
- Has experience working in a church or non profit environment.
- HR Certification is a plus.
- Ability to conduct HR activities with a Biblical perspective.
- Maintain a consistent relationship with God, demonstrate a strong and growing walk with Christ and live a Biblical lifestyle that honors Christ.
- Be/become a member of the church and regularly attend its weekend services.