Kingdom One is partnered with Shepherd Church located in Northridge, CA. This non-denominational church is looking to grow their team by adding an HR Director.
Vision for this role:
The Human Resources Director has a passion for people, as well as the culture and staff values at Shepherd Church. This role will be instrumental in equipping employees to successfully use their gifts and talents to serve God through their position. The HR Director works closely with the Executive Team to develop a comprehensive employee experience strategy that aligns with our values and ensures our culture honors God, our staff, and the people we serve. This person will seamlessly administer and coordinate HR policies and procedures in the following areas: recruiting, hiring, onboarding, employee engagement, performance management, staff development, and offboarding.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about Human Resources, Culture and Organizational Health.
- Is an excellent communicator electronically, in-person, and in writing.
- Is very relational and values relationships.
- Has demonstrated experience of strong leadership skills.
- Can use creative problem solving to resolve issues that arise.
- Has held a position as a HR Director or similar for a minimum of 3-5 years of increasingly responsible human resource leadership.
- Committed to the success of the organization through its people and teams.
- Understands and ensures ongoing compliance across the organization with federal, state, and local employment/ and wage and hour laws, including bi-annual training requirements.
- Will coordinate the day-to-day HR functions, including not limited to, talent acquisition and onboarding activities and requirements, FLSA compliance, update employee handbooks as needed and within established budget.
- Can oversee, administer, and communicate benefits for eligible staff.
- Coordinate staff appreciation and team-building events.
Our ideal candidate:
- Loves to serve people.
- Has experience working in a church or non profit environment.
- HR Certification is a plus.
- Ability to conduct HR activities with a Biblical perspective.
- Maintain a consistent relationship with God, demonstrate a strong and growing walk with Christ and live a Biblical lifestyle that honors Christ.
- Be/become a member of the church and regularly attend its weekend services.
If this sounds like you or something you feel called to, we would love to hear from you!