Director of Worship
Kingdom One is partnered with a community focused church located in the Silicon Valley area of CA. This ministry is looking for their next Full Time Director of Worship to join their team.
Vision for the role:
Worship is more than just music and great vocals. Worship is an experience and expression of our recognition for who God is and a thankfulness for His goodness.
This position is tasked with leading a life-giving, high-quality, Spirit-led culture of praise for the church that reflects the beliefs & values (authentic, accessible, generous, missional, expectant). With a visible and contagious love for the Lord, the Director of Worship Arts must have excellent relational and organizational strengths, musical training and experience.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a life-long learner with a teachable spirit. A student of culture who loves to share the gospel through music.
- Has the ability to lead worship with a strong voice or has proven experience in successfully coaching amateur vocalists to lead.
- Has experience in playing a main instrument, preferably more than one.
- Is a creative and visionary with technology — video, lighting, staging, audio, etc.
- Can recruit/identify, train, empower, evaluate, and celebrate worship leaders and worship teams.
- Can connect with people of all faith traditions, political persuasions, socio-economic situations, races, orientations, and backgrounds.
- Can effectively develop personal relationships, with spiritual maturity to disciple team members.
- Understands the flexibility that ministry requires.
- Is skilled at creating & revising music charts, arranging parts, developing vocalists / instrumentalists.
- Has Experience with Planning Center Online Services and ProPresenter preferred.
- Ensures Sunday worship gatherings reflect the theological and missional values of the church, planning worship always with the unbeliever and skeptic in mind.
- Primary worship leader. Ensures high-quality worship leader and team is in place when not leading or away.
- Works with the Lead Pastor to plan Sunday worship experiences, coordinating flow & details through weekly conversations.
- Recruits, develops, and oversees band volunteers, seeking for them to grow in their contribution to the band as well as in their walk with Jesus.
- Intentionally cares for and disciples team members.
- Plans and executes special worship or prayer nights.
- Serves on the planning team for special events, overseeing worship arts components for holidays and outreaches as appropriate. e.g. Christmas, Easter, block parties, and Church-Birthday celebrations.
- Oversees all audio & band-related logistics, including setup & teardown, equipment management, etc.
- Builds a volunteer team that is excited to serve the mission.
- Responsible for a healthy, constructive relationship with Skyline EP, ensuring audio engineers are equipped for live Sundays and events.
- Works well cross-functionally with other teams at the church, supporting the mission and vision of the church.
- Builds intentional relationships in the church.
- Manages annual Worship/Arts budget and provides expenses in a timely manner.
If this sounds like you or something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!