Ministry Production Coordinator
Kingdom One is partnered with an evangelical church located in the Los Angeles area that is looking to grow their team by adding a part-time Worship Service Assistant!
Vision for this role:
Looking for a smart, sharp, organized production-savvy person for a major Hollywood-based bible-preaching church. 20-hours per week — must be able to work Sundays. We currently run one service on Sunday (but may be growing to multiple services). The position must work well with Senior Pastor, Director of Music, Worship Committee and AV Team. The smooth running of the Worship service is criticality important, which means solid prep and scheduling, preparing a detailed rundown, securing elements for and creating in-service slides (on multiple monitors), as well as making sure the AV team knows the tech, mic-ing, and mixing needs of a large choir (50+), a praise band (5 members), as well as spoken word (Pastor, Bible readers, prayer leaders, etc). The church has a tradition of excellence both in the service and the live stream. This would be the perfect job for someone who has worked as a Production Coordinator in a television/streaming, Stage Managed live theatre, or wants to use their production experience to serve God [alt — in a worship setting]. This is not an on-camera position, no talent in singing or performing required; our Production Coordinator will work behind the scenes to make sure that our service runs smoothly and orderly.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a personal relationship to Jesus Christ, openness to the direction of the Holy Spirit and an understanding of Reformed Christianity and the traditions and mission of this church.
- Has a personal passion for worship and helping others to experience God’s Love.
- Can understand and agree with the theology of worship, the practices that have been part of the Church’s worship experience and the Essential Tenets.
- Will understand that the position requires facilitation of services and excludes worship leadership.
- Has computer skills, including the knowledge of Planning Center, Publisher and ProPresenter, Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive).
- Has experience in organizing and facilitating worship services across a variety of forms.
- Has strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to adapt to changing organizational needs and ability to take direction from the Pastor and Worship Committee.
What you’ll do:
- Implement Orders of Worship at the pastor’s direction from the planning meetings, utilizing Planning Center.
- Create production sheets, aka run sheets, that alert various participants including sound, slides, and lighting as to the sequence of events and needs.
- Contact and schedule elders, staff, greeters, ushers, and other participants from Worship Committee-approved participant list for each service; help train first-time participants for prayers, Scriptures, announcements, etc. as needed.
- Work with the Chair of Worship in planning special services including Communion, Baptism, Anointing Advent, Lent and mid-week Services. Assist the Worship Committee in preparing for special events including Congregational Meetings.
- Prepare weekly scripts as prescribed by the Pastor and Worship Committee for scripture and verbal announcements, coordinate incoming requests from various sources.
- Meet weekly with the Pastor and AV Supervisor to solidify the direction of the service and to review the run sheet.
- Work with Worship, Music and Arts Committee to arrange and set up the visual look of sanctuary, utilizing regular floral decoration, banners, artwork, liturgical colors, etc. as well as oversee set up/clean up of Communion elements, flowers, baskets for pledging Sunday, oil, ash, Advent and Good Friday Candles, Costumes and decoration, used in the Service. Inventory and order as needed.
- Assist with the overall look of livestream worship services.
- Be on site to facilitate all worship services: coordinate setups and sound checks, including all microphones, music stands and other necessary equipment; observe all service elements to facilitate timing and transitions during service; and troubleshoot service flow issues as needed.
- Create slides in ProPresenter for worship services and provide training to others as needed.
- Keep list of all music selections used in the services and maintain music licenses and report songs used to CCLI during the required reporting window for license.
If this sounds like you or something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!