Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Kingdom One is partnered with a Presbyterian church located in the Los Angeles area that is looking to add a Children’s Sunday School Coordinator to their Children’s ministry team!
Vision for this role:
- To serve Christ and the church by coordinating and encouraging a vibrant ministry to children in our church and the surrounding community.
- To nurture faith and Christian formation while establishing a safe, supportive and loving environment for children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a genuine love for Christ and people.
- Is grounded in scripture.
- Has a joyful calling to minister with children and families.
- Can create educational strategies with the Gospel.
- Is an enthusiastic team builder with ability to delegate and teach others.
- Has administrative and organizational skills.
- Has a college degree or above – coursework in child development or education desired.
- Has 2 or more years of recent experience in leadership with children’s ministry.
What you’ll do:
- Support, pray and build relationships with children and their families, program volunteers and staff.
- Report to Christian Education (CE) Director to plan, develop and implement ministry direction and programs for children.
- Directly run Children’s Sunday School program.
- Coordinate and carry out special family events (Advent, holidays, summer events).
- Plan and implement Vacation Bible School (with volunteer support).
- Coordinate summer camp options (with volunteer support).
- Coordinate Children’s Message presenters for Sunday worship services.
- Work with Children’s Music Program to support mutual goals and schedules.
- Work together with Youth Ministry program to coordinate smooth transitions and support for children.
If this sounds like you or something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!