Student Ministries Pastor
Kingdom One is partnered with a spirit filled church located in the Central Valley of California who Ignites Contagious Faith in the One God who Restores All. We’re looking for their new Student Ministries Pastor to join their team.
Vision for the role
The Student Ministries Pastor will be responsible for raising up a spiritually mature generation of young people through discipleship and strategic programming that further develops middle and high school students’ lives. You will also be a contributing member to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation and prayer support, as you serve the Lord Jesus Christ and the church.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is energetic and passionate – can’t get enough of Student Ministries.
- Is highly relational and is warm and engaging.
- Can teach the Bible & handle questions about faith.
- Isn’t afraid to navigate conflict with students and parents.
- Is ready to recruit, train and equip a team of volunteers.
- Has the ability to plan, administrate, delegate and supervise.
- Has ministry experience, preferably in a church context.
- Is a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ with well-established patterns of personal prayer and Bible study.
Student Ministries Pastor Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement programming and activities for Senior High & Junior High, including midweek services, Sunday morning teaching, discipleship programs, yearly retreats, mission trips & special events.
- Gather, develop and coordinate all teaching materials and curriculum that will be used in the student department.
- Serve as the primary speaker for all Senior High meetings.
- Develop a strategy for discipling young people and equip them to share their faith with others.
- Implement marketing strategies for student ministries to the church congregation to keep the vision alive and visible.
- Work with the Junior High Ministries Pastor & Children’s Ministry team to develop and implement a strategy for a smooth transition from elementary to graduation.
- Provide regular, quality enrichment and training opportunities for student ministry volunteer leaders.
If this sounds like you or something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!