Director of Small Groups
Kingdom One is partnered with an evangelical church called Water of Life that is located in Fontana, CA. This non-denominational church is looking to grow their team by adding a Small Groups Director!
Vision for this role
The Director of Small Groups is responsible for the development and growth of the Small Groups Ministry. This position is to provide support, tools and helps to equip all small group and small group leaders so leader care and spiritual and numerical growth occurs. Additionally, this position is to provide leadership and management to ensure the WOL Vision and Values, along with goals and strategies, are established in the Small Groups Ministry.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Will implement the mission and overall direction of the church as it relates to the ministry team.
- Loves to lead, mentor, develop, disciple and evaluate the work of direct reports and/or volunteers.
- Will ensure collaboration between ministry teams.
- Is familiar with monitoring and overseeing ministry budgets.
- Can oversee the development of a comprehensive strategy for community formation at Water of Life.
- Oversee the planning, development and execution of small group campaign(s) and the annual small group conference.
- Develop and oversee systems and strategies for lay leader recruitment, leader training, Small Groups Coach development, and Coach and Leader care. Meet regularly with Coaches (lay leaders who assist in overseeing Small Groups) for relationship building and ministry development.
- Provide big picture vision to other ministries where small groups take place while allowing them to express small groups in their own context.
- Manage the creation and distribution of Small Group curriculum and e-Devotional.
- Teach, as approved, according to WOL Vision, Values, Beliefs, Practices.
- Administer sacraments.
- Emergency phone rotation, Sunday venue staffing, Saturday Service rotation and Pastoral Duties – Weddings, Funerals, Hospital Visits, etc., as approved.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a proven track record of building, leading and revitalizing teams as well as to inspire, train and supervise diverse teams.
- Has successfully rebuilt or reimagined a new approach and strategy in a church/ministry setting.
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies, Pastoral Ministry or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ vocational ministry experience in a large church setting.
- Has demonstrated strategic abilities including managing people, departments, planning and budgets.
- Has deep knowledge and embodiment in practice of the Scriptures.
- Has Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and inspire teams of people towards new goals and ideas.
- Emotional intelligence with a strong ability to handle conflict gracefully and humbly.
- Intermediate knowledge of office technology tools.
- 3+ years’ experience in recruiting, leading, training and supervising volunteers.
- Ability to develop an efficient and applicable ministry model using servant leaders as the primary means of accomplishing ministry in accordance with Ephesians 4:11-13.
- Has the capacity to work with others that have a wide range of gifts, strengths, personalities, and passions.
- Can multitask with various projects.
- Is an excellent and collaborative problem solver who keeps the ministry as its first priority.
- Maintain a consistent relationship with God, demonstrate a strong and growing walk with Christ and live a Biblical lifestyle that honors Christ.
- Be/become a member of the church and regularly attend its weekend services.
If this sounds like you or something you feel called to, we would love to hear from you!