Director of Student Ministries
Kingdom One is partnered with a United Methodist church located in Coppell, Texas that helps others Grow in God’s grace, Love with all their heart, and Serve with all their strength. We’re looking for their next Director of Student Ministries to join their staff team.
Vision for the role
The Director of Student Ministries will direct and guide the overall planning, organizing and executing of the functions of the Student Ministries (grades 6 through 12).
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is energetic and passionate – can’t get enough of Student Ministries.
- Is highly relational and is warm and engaging.
- Can teach the Bible & handle questions about faith.
- Is comfortable leading and growing a great students program that focuses on discipleship.
- Isn’t afraid to navigate conflict with students and parents.
- Is ready to recruit, train and equip a team of volunteers.
- Has the ability to plan, administrate, delegate and supervise.
- Has a minimum of five years experience in a Student Ministries position.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and have a clear understanding of United Methodist doctrine.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, develop, and implement aspects of a balanced student ministry.
- Recruit, equip, and support volunteer small group leaders (including Sunday school teachers).
- Be a Spiritual Leader for all organized activities of student ministry and for all students at the church.
- Organization of retreats such as Back to School Retreat, Camp, etc.
- Oversight for mission trips.
- Meet with students & parents in need/crisis.
- Work to create a core value in students in grades 6-12 that include mission, worship, evangelism, fellowship, and discipleship while in Student Ministry and beyond.
- Responsible for Confirmation.
If this sounds like you or something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!