Director of Finance
Kingdom One is partnered with a church located in Coppell, Texas that helps others Grow in God’s grace, Love with all their heart, and Serve with all their strength. We’re looking for their next Director of Finance to join their staff team.
Vision for the role
The Director of Finance will oversee and maintain the general financial systems of the church and carry out the financial decisions made by the Finance Committee.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Is professional and understands and values confidentiality.
- Has good communication and people skills.
- Can be flexible to transition to different projects as needed.
- Has a Business degree with a major in accounting preferred.
- Has at least 5 years work experience in ministry or public accounting. CPA a plus.
- Has knowledge of ACS Realm church management software, Microsoft Office, and QuickBooks accounting software.
What you’ll do:
- Keep accurate and detailed records.
- Prepare monthly financial statements (including balance sheet, income statement and supporting schedules) for church and school operations and be knowledgeable of variances and account balances.
- Supervise the handling of all receipts and disbursements authorized by the church budget and other church accounts in accordance with well-established accounting procedures.
- Keep the staff and committee chairpersons informed on disbursements in their respective budgets. Verify that all purchases are within the scope of the church budget.
- Oversee accounts payable and process in a timely fashion.
- Supervise the preparation of charge conference, conference check out and the annual financial report.
- Prepare information as needed for the annual financial audit.
- Maintain an efficient system of membership pledging and contribution accounting with a monthly report to each member and analyze pledging and giving patterns.
- Develop and improve financial reports, projections and financial systems for the Finance Committee, ministry program leaders and designated funds.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain cash flow reporting to anticipate cash requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various financial institutions and consult with the Finance Committee on financing needs.
- Coordinate the efforts of the staff and Finance Committee to develop and prepare annually a preliminary draft of the operating budget for the following year.
- Schedule and oversee offering counters.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and maintain employee payroll and employment records.
- Assist Executive Director of Administration and Senior Pastor on special projects as requested.
If this sounds like you or something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you!