Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry
Kingdom One is partnered with Alhambra True Light Presbyterian Church located in Alhambra, CA. This church is looking to grow their team by adding a part time Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry.
Vision for this role
The Assistant DCM will help develop children to become followers of Christ who love God and love others. The Assistant DCM will be a shepherd to the children’s ministries, from infant through grade 5, by overseeing, leading and equipping. The Assistant DCM will minister to and develop relationships with the parents who speak Mandarin and to all of the children.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is energetic and passionate – can’t get enough of Children’s Ministry.
- Can speak Mandarin, Cantonese or both, desired.
- Is highly relational and is warm and engaging.
- Is committed to evangelism and discipleship of children and parents.
- Is ready to recruit, train and equip a team of volunteers.
- Has experience in a Children’s Ministries position.
What you’ll do:
- Provide and care for the children’s ministries including the children, volunteer staff and parents by creating a sense of community among these groups with a special emphasis on the Mandarin ministry.
- Communicate in person, by phone, text, email, all-church communications, flyers, social media, videos and Zoom.
- Identify, equip, supervise and support Sunday School teachers and other volunteer staff. Provide recruitment and training of volunteer staff as directed by the DCM.
- Provide monthly reports as required by the Director of Children’s Ministry.
If this sounds like you or something you feel called to, we would love to hear from you!