Kingdom One is partnered with Alhambra True Light Presbyterian Church located in Alhambra, CA. This church is looking to grow their team by adding a part time or full time exempt Church Administrator.
Vision for this role
This position is for the chief administrator of the church. As our staff is small, the responsibilities of this position are varied. The Church Administrator will need to have the ability to use time efficiently in order to be able to produce the wide variety of results the position requires. The Church Administrator will need to effectively supervise several part-time staff and volunteers as well as independent contractors. The Church Administrator must be able to solve problems and manage administrative systems while maintaining confidentiality and wisely interacting with staff and parishioners. The Church Administrator is able to understand and oversee the typical financial procedures of a church. Working closely with and under the supervision of the Lead Pastor, the Church Administrator makes sure that the administrative and operational needs of the church are handled well and appropriately.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a committed follower of Jesus.
- Has excellent oral and written ability in English.
- Proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin is not required but desired.
- Has experience in church administration or non profit environment.
- Is comfortable and proficient at training and managing part-time administrative staff.
- Is proficient in church finances, budgeting, payroll and tracking of staff ministry expenses, vacations, sick leave, etc.
- Is proficient in Excel, email, word processing, Zoom, and social media.
- Is highly relational and is warm and engaging.
What you’ll do:
- Manages and takes part in the day-to-day business operation of the office and directly supervises office staff.
- Develops and maintains office procedures and practices that allow for the well-organized business environment leading to efficiency and effectiveness in the completion of both routine and additional office tasks.
- Serves as the primary staff liaison to the Trustees in the implementation and coordination of work related to the church’s facilities and grounds. This includes maintenance, repairs and improvements. It also includes managing any eventual tenants or rentals of church facilities.
- Provides administrative support regarding basic business aspects of the church that includes financial matters such as payroll, reimbursements and accounting records.
- Works together with the bookkeeper and church treasurer.
- Provides staff support to the Lead Pastor.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of current business and clerical procedures in use.
- Makes changes to provide a business environment with increased productivity and tasks being completed well.
- Supervises, trains and assigns work to office staff, volunteer staff and contractors (for example, the IT contractor)
Part time: $31/hour
Full time Exempt: $64,480/year.
If this sounds like you or something you feel called to, we would love to hear from you!