Creative Videographer of the Production team within the Experience Department.
The Experience Department is an essential ministry in helping us get people planted at Southwest Church. The Creative Videographer position supports our graphic and web design creative processes.
Receives support and guidance from the Production Director.
Southwest Church is a Gospel Centered, Multiethnic, Intergenerational Church. We Love Discipleship.
Southwest Church is focused on discipling people to become committed followers of Jesus Christ. We desire all members of Southwest to be:
- Planted – to our church and our ministries.
- Rooted – in their connection to God, the Church, and to their individual Purpose.
- Growing – in their faith and in their relationships with others.
- Going – in service and witness to our local community and to the world.
SOME KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a vital member of the Experience department, you will work closely with the Production Director to plan, direct, shoot, and edit video content. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contributes to overall church experience and communication by ensuring creativity and excellence in all video production. Responsible for selecting appropriate tools (cameras, microphones, accessories, etc.) appropriate to the style and setting of the videos being produced.
- Helps to develop and disciple a volunteer leadership team to ensure high-level, reproducing leaders.
- Leads all facets of the storytelling process, including identifying stories, interviewing, scripting, storyboarding, and delivering final video content.
- Creates and maintains videos in appropriate broadcast formats for live events, websites, social media, advertisements, and other platforms.
- Works with other departments to promote ministries and events through compelling video content and leads staff in the development of the storytelling process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of related videography experience, preferably in a ministry environment.
- Able to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Strong influencing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be a proactive self-starter, creative problem solver and team player.
- Able to work collaboratively with other department teams to support the ministry
- Physical requirements: Constant periods of sitting and repetitive motions. Occasionally able to lift or move up to 20lbs and standing or walking.