Christian Preschool Teacher
Preschool Teacher Job Description
We are a Christian Preschool looking for loving, friendly, reliable, and flexible team players to join our staff in our preschool program for the 2022-23 school year (beginning August 29th). Teachers work with children ages 2.9 to 6 years. The school also provides before and After School Programs with hours 7:00 am.-5:30 pm.
· Endorse and agree with the Conduct Covenant for First Christian Church of Huntington Beach.
· Believe that the Bible is God’s Word and is authoritative on all matters of which it speaks.
· Possess spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to teach and train children in the way they should go.
· Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
· Have knowledge and demonstrate competency in early childhood development.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with parents and children.
· Ability and continued reliability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
· Ability to plan and implement a daily Biblical devotional time.
· Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
· Knowledge and working ability of relevant technology.
· Have good classroom management
· Supportive and encouraging to co-workers
· High school or equivalent
· Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
· Must have at least 12 ECE units (HMDV 180: Child Growth and Development, HMDV 190:
Family-School-Community, EC 155: Principles/Practices of Teaching Young Children, and EC 200 Curriculum), or equivalent classes and in the process of furthering education in this field.
Minimum 1-2 year’s experience
Salary is based on units of Education and experience.
Paid time off: 2 weeks Christmas, 1 week Easter, Thanksgiving, and most Federal holidays.
· CPR Certification (We will have recertification on August 30th)
· Mandated Reporter General training
· Mandated Reporter Child Care
· Workplace Harassment prevention as state mandated (will provide)
· California School & Child Care Integrated Pest Management