Club45 Ministry Coordinator
Club45 Ministry Coordinator (Pre-Teen) – Lake Avenue Church seeks to add a mature, fun, self-motivated person to our Family Ministries team. We’re looking for someone who loves Jesus and has a heart for students in grades 4-5 and their families, strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to mentor students, and a deep appreciation for diversity and inter-generational relationships. The Club45 Ministry Coordinator has substantial program responsibilities alongside meaningful ministry opportunities. We’re looking for an individual who can lead well, serve well, and commit to the mission and values of Lake Avenue Church.
Individuals best suited for this position will possess the following characteristics:
- Committed to growing in Christlikeness with spiritual gifts of leadership and pastor/shepherd.
- Model an authentic relationship with Jesus and have the ability to maintain a healthy balance between ministry and home life.
- Have a passion and ability to minister the Gospel to children and families.
- Experience managing a large group of children and an awareness and sensitivity to children and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to clearly and simply articulate the Gospel, theology, and sacraments in an age-appropriate way to 4th and 5th graders.
- Capacity to lead and develop a team of volunteers to implement effective, innovative, and relevant ministry for the purpose of increasing span of care.
- Experience working with and leading people from diverse racial, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong character with good judgment; exceptional interpersonal relational skills; ability to work independently and alongside the staff team.
- Have a heart for ministry and agreement with Lake Avenue Church Statement of Faith.
- Willing to be theologically mentored and accountable to supervisor and pastors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and lead a biblically sound Sunday morning ministry program.
- In partnership with the Director of Children’s Ministries, develop mid-week evening ministry and special events for Club45 students and families.
- With the Director of Children’s Ministries, equip and encourage volunteers for Club45 Ministry, providing leadership, care and support for the volunteer team.
- Teach scripture and theology in a manner that is consistent with Lake’s theological commitments and ethical values in all areas of life.
- Create and utilize curriculum to disciple students and empower leaders.
- Partner with the Middle School Ministry in providing intentional connections to foster relational and transitional ministry to students and their families.
- Be organized and IT proficient, working in a timely and flexible manner within the staff team.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical example of this would be:
- Undergraduate degree in Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, or a related field
- Demonstrated youth ministry experience, preferably 3 or more years
- Experience in multicultural and inter-generational ministry
This position is part-time (25 hours per week) located within the Family Ministries department of Lake Avenue Church and reports to the Director of Children’s Ministries. This position is classified as non-exempt, does not include benefits, and requires evening and weekend hours.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 626-817-4907, or in person with the Lake Avenue Church receptionist. Lake Avenue Church office hours are Monday-Thursday, 9 am-5 pm. No phone calls please. Those meeting our selection criteria will be contacted for interviews.