IT Assistant Director
Position Summary: As the IT Assistant Director for High Desert Church (HDC), the Information Technology Specialist supports the IT strategy and provides tactical support for all HDC’s locations and environments. Based at HDC’s Victorville Campus, this position plays a vital role in the mission of the church through the contributions of maintaining the technology service delivery at HDC.
Principal Working Relationships: This role reports to the IT Director, and shares responsibility in supporting the overall success and effectiveness of IT for High Desert Church.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Support and Assist the IT Director in the following duties listed below:
- Lead with a servant’s heart, demonstrate genuine care and concern, while acting with humility and integrity when encouraging the efforts of all team members (1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Supports the vision and Oikocentric mission of HDC.
- Provides assistance and troubleshooting with HDC staff. Investigates and documents problem solving.
- Assist IT Director in maintaining infrastructure upgrades, updates, replacements and equipment up-keep.
- Assist IT Director with Deployment, Maintenance, Administration of the following:
o Active Directory
o FreePBX Phone System
o Power Management
o Mobile Device Management
o Point of Sale systems
o Backups – Local and Network
o Networks, Firewalls, Switch Administration
o Munki software deployment
o Office Staff desktop support (Apple)
o Microsoft and Linux Server administration and support
o Office 365 application support
o Plex Content Delivery
o Network Cabling – building and running cables
o Security Camera Systems
o Multi-Site Support (travel between sites as needed)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, prayer groups, and monthly staff breakfasts.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of HDC’s Oikocentric vision.
- All other duties as assigned.
- IT experience (1-3 years)
- Knowledge of Networks – Theory and Practice
- Technical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be a proactive self-starter, problem solver, and team player
- Motivated Learner
- Must adhere to HDC’s Statement Faith, Constitution, and Policies.
Physical Demands: The IT Assistant Director is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, potentially for extended periods of time. The IT Assistant Director must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs unassisted, participate in the physical requirements of maintaining, improving and establishing HDC current and future sites located at schools, which may involve running cable, setting-up server rooms, placing equipment in offices, classrooms, auditoriums and other spaces.