Campus Safety Director
Position Summary: As the frontline leader of the Safety teams at High Desert Church (HDC), this position provides strategic support for all related cyclical processes, short and long-term projects and daily church safety and security operations. Based at HDC’s Victorville Campus, this role will have growing responsibilities to fuel HDC’s ministry effectiveness by providing direct oversight and development of the safety and security processes, plans and teams of each of HDC’s campuses, manage the Safety Budget, and directly and indirectly act and provide leadership in times of crisis. This role will also include leadership and contribution to projects within the Operations Team and Administration Team.
Principal Working Relationships: This role reports to HDC’s Operations Manager and will share responsibility in supporting the overall success and effectiveness of HDC’s Operations Team and Admin Team.
All Safety Assistant Directors and Part-time Safety team members report directly to the Safety Director.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Lead with a servant’s heart, demonstrate genuine care and concern, while acting with humility and integrity, when encouraging the efforts of all team members (1 Peter 5:1-4).
· Help HDC achieve its mission to prepare every generation to change their world for Christ, through the people, work product, and results of the Safety and Security teams.
· Assist with the creation of policies, procedures, systems, and processes that serve as a conduit for efficient and effective safety and security of HDC buildings, properties, vehicles, equipment, offerings and people.
· Generate innovative solutions that ensure HDC’s Safety department offers superior and sustainable service.
· Develop and implement training presentations, media and materials for staff and volunteers at all campuses related to the function of the Safety and Security teams.
· Responsible to lead and/or participate in the weekend and special event security at all of HDC’s sites (may be asked to be licensed and trained to possess and carry a firearm).
· Responsible for the Safety budget.
· May assist the Operations Manager in matters related to the safety and development of property/buildings for future HDC venues and sites.
· Work closely with Operations Team to enhance, monitor and promote work place safety.
· Responsible for the delivery and evaluation of security and safety services at all HDC sites.
· Development of safety volunteers, training, and appreciation
· Contribute to the management of HDC’s transportation program
· Responsible for reading and notifying proper staff of flagged background checks for volunteers and paid staff
· Develop relationships with local law enforcement and fire departments
· Participate in prayer and meetings as required
· 5+ years of experience in First Responder Emergency fields (Law Enforcement, Fire Department, EMS, etc.)
· 3+ years of experience as a People Manager with a strong people development skillset
· Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Certificates in a related field preferred, not required
· Previous experience in Safety/Security related roles at a Church preferred, not required
· Proven track record of leading and developing teams
· Able to lead multiple teams to collectively meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
· Strong influencing, communication, and presentation skills
· Must be a proactive self-starter, creative problem solver and team player
· Able to work collaboratively with other teams to support the overall ministry of HDC
· Experience with Firearms, first aid, and self-defense
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office type applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Physical Demands: The Safety Lead is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, potentially for extended periods of time. The Safety Lead must be able to lift and carry 100lbs -150lbs unassisted and 200lbs-300lbs assisted in emergency situations.
To Apply click here: HDC Camus Safety Director