The Communications Manager will lead in setting the direction, as well as the strategic implementation of all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable, and fulfill FCCHB’s mission and vision. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator. This individual will also maintain and re-invent brand guidelines, keep up our online presence including social media and web, and all other facets of our brand and communication.
- Maintain all website content and database calendar.
- Maintain, develop, and schedule social media posts (for Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram).
- Capture and create engaging content on a weekly basis that celebrates our wins, highlights our people, guides people spiritually, and informs them of what’s happening in the life of our church.
- Keep both internal and external communication relevant, appropriate, clear, thoughtful, and consistent in brand and style.
- Help craft compelling opportunities for people to take steps at FCCHB.
- Write and maintain the electronic newsletter.
- Reply to incoming email@example.com emails and all social media direct messages.
- Create and maintain a monthly communications schedule that includes all promotional locations (social media, e-news, etc.) for all department events, info, and programming.
- Help develop and implement our “invest and invite” strategy.
- Keep our brand relevant and fresh.
- Proactively work to make sure FCCHB maintains an effective and digitally relevant presence on the web in regards to style and search engine optimization.
- Work with the Service Programming Team to plan and coordinate communication moments for our weekly gatherings.
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials (signs, banners, handouts, etc.) related to church-wide events and programs with a high standard of creative excellence in an effective and timely manner.
- Track and analyze online metrics in order to maximize digital engagement.
- Find new and innovative ways to reach our target audience, both on campus and online.
- Lead all organizational copywriting and copyediting efforts by proofreading and making edits to all documents, emails, etc. distributed to large groups of people.
- Work with FCCHB partner schools, as assigned, to help with marketing, communications strategy, and brand consulting.
- Special projects as assigned by your supervisor.
- Create and maintain a positive social media presence.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Manage time effectively.
- Collaborate with other staff to help fulfill the vision and mission of the church.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, board meetings, and elder meetings as requested.
- Adhere to FCCHB Conduct Covenant and FCCHB Staff Statement of Ethics.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor with or without notice.
- Social media background
- Graphic design background
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, etc.)
- Proficient in the English language
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year experience or internships