Nursey & Child Care Director
Vision – To see God use COV to restore people
Mission – To lead people into a flourishing relationship with Jesus.
Strategy – We concentrate our efforts on 3 different environments; Large, Medium, and Small. Each environment has a “Goal for us” and a “Next Step” for those we serve in that environment.
- Large Environment Goal: To inspire people to return the next week with a friend
- Large Environment Next Step: To join a medium environment
- Medium Environment Goal: To offer something so helpful that people commit to it for multiple weeks.
- Medium Environment Next Step: To join a small environment
- Small Environment Goal: For no one to suffer alone.
- Small Environment Goal: To lead, To create a micro-expression of the church, or to plant a church
Main Tasks for this position:
1. Prepare age appropriate activities, curriculum, and program materials for infants through preschool. (approx 4-5 hrs per week)
2. Oversee childcare for children infant- 3rd grade during the first service. Hours: 7:30-10AM- 2.5 hrs
3. Lead the teaching and direct other caregivers in the Nursery every Sunday morning during services. Hours: 10-12AM – 2hrs
4. Teach the infant-preschool Bible story and direct other caregivers at the Wednesday night study each week from. Hours: 5:00-8PM -3hrs
5. Greet and get to know parents, maintain children’s records, help with check in/check out etc.
6. Provide childcare for special events
7. Help plan special events such as VBS, outreaches, etc.
Direct Report: Director of Children’s Ministry